Hello Foothill Families, October 19, 2016
Fall is upon us, and what a great year we are having here at Foothill Elementary. We have amazing faculty, who are working so hard to help your students have a successful experience this year. In order to help our year, become more successful, I have included the following reminders and information (please read them carefully):
-There will be no school On October 20th & 21st for Fall Break! Enjoy some family time!
-Please help us keep our school safe! All doors in the school except the front doors are locked at all times. All students and parents will need to come through the office to drop off their students. It is important that with 550 students we know exactly who is in the building. All visitors and volunteers need to check in with the office through the front doors, and receive a badge. No other doors will be propped during the hours of 8:30-3:05. Thank you for helping to keep our students safe. Also, we appreciate your help after school with the pickup areas. A reminder to make sure you have a safe place to pick up your students, that doesn’t involve them crossing the street through traffic.
- Parent teacher conferences are on October 26th – 27rd. This year, you will go to our website and sign up for a parent teacher conference time that works for your family. A note has gone home. Thursday and Friday will be regular days, except for Kindergarten. Kindergarten will not be held on Friday October 28th. IT WILL BE VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE STUDENTS, TO GET ON EARLY BECAUSE THE SLOTS WILL FILL UP AND YOU MAY HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING THEM AT THE SAME TIME IF YOU WAIT.
- Our school website is: www.foothill.besd.net on this website; you can access the lunch menu, calendar, the principal’s newsletter, and Parent teacher conference sign ups, student grades, Community Council agendas and minutes. ALL SCHOOL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THIS WEBSITE.
- Agendas for our Community Council meetings are posted on the website. Next Community Council meeting will be November.10th @ 3:15 p.m.in the library.
- On the school website www.foothill.besd.net you can find a link to student grades. If you need the login and password, please contact the office.
- Please keep reading 20 minutes every night with your students as part of the Road to Success. This helps to build their fluency. Ken Garff Automotive and Wal-Mart are sponsoring this program that provides incentives for students to learn to love reading.
- Each month as part of the “Road to Success” we will have a school wide incentive. The reading reward for October is a trick or treat with the office and Foothill Staff on November 2nd for treats and prizes. The students, who complete their reading each night and turn in their reading notes will get to participate in the reward activity.
- If anyone can volunteer on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week from9:00-11:00 it would be a big help to our school-wide tutoring program where volunteers read with students as part of the Read today challenge. Please contact Mr. Lee if you can help.
- I would like to thank the PTA for all of the hard work they put into making our school successful and full of school spirit, we have a fun year in store for us! If you haven’t had an opportunity to volunteer to help with PTA, I know they have some opportunities that need filling. Please do your part to help. The PTA Fundraiser was a smashing success and a fun event for all families.
- Each and every day, we promote positive school-wide behavior. Our motto this year is “Am I Bucket Filler”. Our goal for September was “Good Decision making” pays. October is Respect, are you treating others the way you want to be treated. We will be recognizing “Builders of the Month” (students who meet the goal and demonstrate they have achieved the monthly goal). Also, at the end of each month any students who have not received negative slips will be eligible to attend our end of month reward activity. Please talk to your students about making good decisions, being a “Bucket Filler” & being respectful to all students.
- Our behavior reward for September was a watermelon Bust & water balloons. Our Behavioral reward for October is the Trick or treat with the office.
- Please offer to volunteer in your student’s classroom if you can. Contact the teacher directly and ask how you can help.
- We will send home a note regarding red ribbon week the week of October 24th.
- Picture re-takes will be on November 30th.
- The Halloween Parade is on Monday October 31st. Students who would like to dress up and participate in our spooky Halloween walk through the school will get dressed up starting at 1:45. Please send their costumes with them, or if they need assistance getting their costumes on, a parent can come at that time. By doing it after lunch, it helps preserve the instructional day, keeps costumes clean from lunch spilling, and increases the chances that the costumes will be in one piece for the evening of trick or treating. Please do not send your student to school dressed in their costumes. Parents, who would like to view the Halloween parade, may sit or stand in the gym and hallways starting at 2:00. It will last about 45 minutes. No Masks, or weapons Please. Kindergarteners will wear their costumes to school.
- The school will be having Box Tops for Education contest in the month of November. Please send those with your student to give to their teacher. All box tops are due by November 28th. The money raised from the Box Tops goes to help purchase materials and equipment for your student’s teacher. Last year the money went to purchase paper and a new copy machine. Thanks for your help!
- Reminder Parents if you have not renewed your free and reduced lunch form on line, this needs to be done prior to Oct. 15, 2015.
- Thank you for helping to make this year a success! It has been so fun to work with your amazing students!
Thank you, Mr. Lee